Saint Mary's is situated on the Clones Road in Monaghan. Most Reverend Liam Mac Daid, Bishop of Clogher, is patron of the school. Saint Mary's was founded by the Christian Brothers Congregation at Lakeview in 1867 and moved to its present site on Saint Mary's Hill in 1902, the Christian Brothers left Monaghan in 1984.
The history of Scoil Mhuire is recorded in great detail in a number of publications including Centenary Celebration (Na Bráithre Críostaí, Muineachán,1967), The Monaghan Story (Livingstone, 1981) and Monaghan Memories (Na Bráithre Críostaí, Muineachán, 1984).
A senior boys' primary school, Scoil Mhuire caters for pupils in strands from Second Class to Sixth, most pupils transfer from nearby Naíscoil San Lughaidh.
Saint Mary's has two Speech and Language Classes, supported by H.S.E. speech therapy provision, which cater for pupils with specific speech and language disorders from all over Co. Monaghan.
Principal - Mr. Colm Mac Cinna Deputy Principal - Ms. Dolores Uí Duibhne
Assistant Principal - Ms Ciara Quinlan
Ms. Mc Avinchey.
Ms. Mc. Adam.
Ms. Mac Cinna.
Ms. Mc Entee.
Ms. Mc Ginn.
Ms. Mc Crudden.
Ms. Mc Elvaney.
Ms. Mc Gonnell.
A. M. Colton. C. Beggan. B. Lyden. R. Murray
And our wonderful secretary Bernie!